Happy new year everyone. I hope you had a great time, like I did, and that you’re feeling refreshed, invigorated and ready to embark on new challenges in the year ahead. Whilst many of us will be setting or resetting resolutions, I’m listing 10 things which have helped me keep me on track to succeed. I hope they do the same for you.
- Ask yourself what you really want to achieve.
Spend some time getting to know yourself. Learn to understand why you seek change.
- Learn what it is you’re passionate about and what a manageable goal looks like.
Define a successful end state.
- Create and implement structure into your life.
Proper planning prevents poor performance.
- Start doing it.
Action drives mood. You’ll feel better for having done something than constantly waiting for the right time.
- Don’t over think it.
- Find people to participate in activity with.
Having friends and family to participate and encourage you means you’re more likely to succeed.
- Embrace the bad with the good.
Some days we all suck. It’s ok.
- Pace yourself.
Don’t go balls out and smash yourself. Better to finish with a smile on your face wanting more.
- Believe you can do it.
You really can!
- Celebrate your success.
You’ve earned that beer. Drink it.